What's the last thing you do remember? Hmm?Alien, 1979
I will track here changes between releases of the book, following Semantic Versioning. A change in the major number means an incompatible change, that is a big rewrite of the book, also known as 2nd edition, 3rd edition, and so on. A change in the minor number means that something important was added to the content, like a new section or chapter. A change in the patch number signals minor fixes like typos in the text or the code, rewording of sentences, and so on.
Current version: 2.1.1
Version 2.1.1 (2021-10-19)
- A global review of footnotes and links to adapt them to Mau v2.0
Version 2.1.0 (2021-08-20)
- This version is written in Mau but converted into Markua to publish the PDF using Leanpub's processing chain.
- Chapter 8 has been improved with migrations that correctly create the tables in the production database.
- Maxim Ivanov corrected many bugs both in the book and in the code repository, and fixed several inconsistencies between the two. An impressive job, thank you so much for your help!
- GitHub user robveijk spotted a mention to a file that is not included in the second edition. Thanks!
- GitHub user mathisheeren corrected a typo. Thank you!
- GitHub user 4myhw found a broken link and fixed the wrong use of
clsin the code. Thanks!
- Several people, in particular Jakob Waibel spotted a typo in the name of Robert Martin. Thanks to all, and apologies to Mr. Martin.
- GitHub user 1110sillabo pointed out the PDF creation wasn't perfect with the toolchain based on AsciiDoctor, which was fixed going back to Lanpub's Markua.
- Giovanni Natale found several issues both in the code and in the text and kindly submitted suggestions and fixes. Thanks!
Version 2.0.1 (2021-02-14)
- GitHub users 1110sillabo and the tireless Faust Gertz kindly submitted some PRs to fix typos. Thanks!
- First version converted from Mau sources into Asciidoctor
Version 2.0.0 (2020-12-30)
- Major rework of the structure of the book
- HTML version
- Introductory example with an overview of the components of the system
- Some nice figures
- Management script to orchestrate Docker
- Many typos added in random places
Version 1.0.12 (2020-04-13)
- GitHub user Vlad Blazhko found a bug in the project
fileinfoand added a fix and a test condition. As a result, I expanded the chapter on mocks with a small section describing what he did. Many thanks Vlad!
Version 1.0.11 (2020-02-15)
- GitHub user lrfuentesw spotted an error in the memory repository. Price filters with a string value were not working because they were not converted into integers. Thank you!
Version 1.0.10 (2019-09-23)
- GitHub user Ramces Chirino submitted a mega PR fixing many grammatical corrections. Thanks!
Version 1.0.9 (2019-04-12)
- GitHub user plankington fixed some typos. Thank you!
Version 1.0.8 (2019-03-19)
- GitHub users Faust Gertz and Michael "Irish" O'Neill spotted a bug in the code of the example
calc, chapter 1 of part 1. Thanks!
- GitHub user Ahmed Ragab fixed some typos. Thank you so much!
Version 1.0.7 (2019-03-02)
- GitHub user penguindustin suggested adding
pipenvin the tools section as it is officially recommended by the Python packaging User Guide. Thanks!
- GitHub user godiedelrio spotted an error in the file
rentomatic/rentomatic/repository/postgresrepo.py. The code returned the result of the query without converting the single objects into domain entities. This was not spotted by tests as I haven't introduced tests that check for the nature of the returned objects yet.
Version 1.0.6 (2019-02-06)
- The tireless Eric Smith fixed typos and grammar in Part 2, Chapter 4. Thank you so much.
Version 1.0.5 (2019-01-28)
Version 1.0.4 (2019-01-22)
Version 1.0.3 (2019-01-11)
- Eric Smith fixed more typos and corrected some phrasing in Chapter 3 of Part 1. Thanks Eric!
Version 1.0.2 (2019-01-09)
- Max H. Gerlach spotted and fixed more typos. Thanks again Max!
Version 1.0.1 (2019-01-01)
- Max H. Gerlach, Paul Schwendenman, and Eric Smith kindly fixed many typos and grammar mistakes. Thank you very much!
Version 1.0.0 (2018-12-25)
- Initial release