What's the last thing you do remember? Hmm?Alien, 1979
I will track here changes between releases of the book, following Semantic Versioning. A change in the major number means an incompatible change, that is a big rewrite of the book, also known as 2nd edition, 3rd edition, and so on. A change in the minor number means that something important was added to the content, like a new section or chapter. A change in the patch number signals minor fixes like typos in the text or the code, rewording of sentences, and so on.
Current version: 2.1.0
Version 2.1.0 (2021-08-20)
- This version is written in Mau but converted into Markua to publish the PDF using Leanpub's processing chain.
- Chapter 8 has been improved with migrations that correctly create the tables in the production database.
- Maxim corrected many bugs both in the book and in the code repository, and fixed several inconsistencies between the two. An impressive job, thank you so much for your help!
- GitHub user robveijk spotted a mention to a file that is not included in the second edition. Thanks!
- GitHub user mathisheeren corrected a typo. Thank you!
- GitHub user 4myhw found a broken link and fixed the wrong use of
clsin the code. Thanks!
- Several people, in particular Jakob Waibel spotted a typo in the name of Robert Martin. Thanks to all, and apologies to Mr. Martin.
- GitHub user 1110sillabo pointed out the PDF creation wasn't perfect with the toolchain based on AsciiDoctor, which was fixed going back to Lanpub's Markua.
- Giovanni Natale found several issues both in the code and in the text and kindly submitted suggestions and fixes. Thanks!
Version 2.0.1 (2021-02-14)
- GitHub users 1110sillabo and the tireless Faust Gertz kindly submitted some PRs to fix typos. Thanks!
- First version converted from Mau sources into Asciidoctor
Version 2.0.0 (2020-12-30)
- Major rework of the structure of the book
- HTML version
- Introductory example with an overview of the components of the system
- Some nice figures
- Management script to orchestrate Docker
- Many typos added in random places
Version 1.0.12 (2020-04-13)
- GitHub user Vlad Blazhko found a bug in the project
fileinfoand added a fix and a test condition. As a result, I expanded the chapter on mocks with a small section describing what he did. Many thanks Vlad!
Version 1.0.11 (2020-02-15)
- GitHub user lrfuentesw spotted an error in the memory repository. Price filters with a string value were not working because they were not converted into integers. Thank you!
Version 1.0.10 (2019-09-23)
- GitHub user Ramces Chirino submitted a mega PR with many grammatical corrections. Thanks!
Version 1.0.9 (2019-04-12)
- GitHub user plankington fixed some typos. Thank you!
Version 1.0.8 (2019-03-19)
- GitHub users Faust Gertz and Michael "Irish" O'Neill spotted a bug in the code of the example
calc, chapter 1 of part 1. Thanks!
- GitHub user Ahmed Ragab fixed some typos. Thank you so much!
Version 1.0.7 (2019-03-02)
- GitHub user penguindustin suggested adding
pipenvin the tools section as it is officially recommended by the Python packaging User Guide. Thanks!
- GitHub user godiedelrio spotted an error in the file
rentomatic/rentomatic/repository/postgresrepo.py. The code returned the result of the query without converting the single objects into domain entities. This was not spotted by tests as I haven't introduced tests that check for the nature of the returned objects yet.
Version 1.0.6 (2019-02-06)
- The tireless Eric Smith fixed typos and grammar in Part 2, Chapter 4. Thank you so much.
Version 1.0.5 (2019-01-28)
Version 1.0.4 (2019-01-22)
Version 1.0.3 (2019-01-11)
- Eric Smith fixed more typos and corrected some phrasing in Chapter 3 of Part 1. Thanks Eric!
Version 1.0.2 (2019-01-09)
- Max H. Gerlach spotted and fixed more typos. Thanks again Max!
Version 1.0.1 (2019-01-01)
- Max H. Gerlach, Paul Schwendenman, and Eric Smith kindly fixed many typos and grammar mistakes. Thank you very much!
Version 1.0.0 (2018-12-25)
- Initial release